Who doesn’t love a good office party?
They’re a great way to get to know your coworkers personally outside of the daily grind. Besides that, they provide some much-needed fun and relaxation in the midst of a busy work week.
But finding the right party theme can be tricky.
You want something that will keep the excitement for everyone but is accessible and easy to pull off (and of course, that won’t break the bank!)
If that’s something you want in order to ramp up your company events, then keep reading.
Is a company party really necessary?
You might ask… why do companies and managers find it so important to hold these company events, anyway?
Companies hold these get-togethers at least once a year, and some even have a dedicated team whose job is to keep employees engaged.
There are many benefits of holding company celebrations.
First, they promote employee engagement. When your employees feel like they’re part of a community, they’re more likely to be happy and productive.
Second, company events are a great way to build team morale. This way, your team can get to know each other better and work together more effectively.
Lastly, these parties show your employees that you care about them. When you take the time to celebrate their achievements, it shows that you value their contribution to the company.
But why the themed party?
Nobody wants their guests to be bored.
We don’t want it to just be another task to tick off on the to-do list, but a way for employees to relax and have fun.
That’s why it’s important to switch things up every once in a while.
A theme for your party can be a great way to bring your celebration to life.
You may think themed parties are mostly for kids, but that doesn’t have to be the case at all.
Adding a theme to your company get-together guarantees that your office parties will stay interesting and exciting for your employees.
And the best thing about themed parties? They make your party planning so much easier.
From invitations to decorations, entertainment, food, and party games – choosing all of these things is easier with a theme!
In this blog post, we’ve put together this list of 33 office party themes. There is sure to be plenty of inspiration for your celebration.
So without further ado, let’s get into the list!
- Hollywood Oscars – Dress up as your favorite Hollywood actors and actresses, or show up in suits and create a mock award show to show appreciation to your employees – in a fun and unique way!
- Board game night – Play some old classics like Monopoly or Trivial Pursuit! You can also host a themed night with the newest, hottest board games.
- Pajama party – Be as cozy and comfortable as possible by showing up in PJs or cute onesies for the party.
- Dress for the decade you were born – Show the variety and diversity you have in your team by dressing up the hottest trend in the different decades they were born
- Masquerade ball – Encourage your guests to dress up and don a mask for the party. This will make it more fun and mysterious!
- Famous duos – Come as a famous duo with your partner, friend or co-worker. Examples could be Bonnie and Clyde, Batman and Robin, Fred and Wilma Flintstone, etc.
- Casino night – Transform your office or party room into a casino! Play some classic games like poker, blackjack, roulette, etc. Just be sure to use fake money!
- Scavenger hunt – Divide your employees into teams and see who can find the most items on the list.
- Balloon extravaganza – This one is perfect for a summer party! Have a balloon artist come and make different sculptures for your guests.
- Carnival – Set up some classic carnival games like a ring toss, shooting gallery, or fishbowl game. You can also have cotton candy and popcorn for your guests to enjoy!
11. Talent show – This is a great way to let your employees show off their hidden talents! Make them own the stage and be the superstar they dreamed of being!
12. Lip sync battle – A fun twist on karaoke where you and your co-workers compete to see who can lip-sync the best.
13. Movie night – Show a movie that’s relevant to your industry or company values. Or, have a “movie quotes” party where people have to guess the movie based on a quote.
14. Harry Potter – If you have a lot of Harry Potter fans in your office, this is the perfect party theme! You can dress up as characters, sort each other into your favorite houses, and more.
15. Seasonal – Decorate your event according to the season. For example, have a pumpkin-carving party in the fall or a pool party in the summer.
16. Rock-n-roll – This party theme is perfect for music lovers. You can dress up as your favorite rock stars, have a karaoke battle of the bands, and more.
17. Dress as your favorite celebrity – This is a great way for your employees to show their unique tastes and personalities. Whether you want to be Lady Gaga or Al Pacino, this party theme is all about dressing up as your favorite celebrity.
18. Memory lane – For this party theme, your employees can recreate one of their favorite childhood photos. Decorate the party with memorabilia from the past and bond over your favorite memories of growing up!
19. Potluck party – This party is all about the food. Ask your employees to bring their favorite dishes to share. It could be their best recipe, their childhood favorite, or a staple dish from their own culture.
20. Karaoke party – This party is all about letting loose and having fun! Pick some of your favorite party songs and get ready to sing your heart out.
21. Great Gatsby – For a party with a more sophisticated feel, go for a Great Gatsby theme. This can include 1920s-style clothing, music, and champagne.
22. Crossdressing or drag party – For a party that’s sure to be unforgettable, have a crossdressing or drag party. This is a great way to let your employees show their wild side.
23. Around the world – Prepare dishes from around the world and decorate different areas of your party venue with flags, memorabilia, or decorations from different parts of the world.
24. Ugly sweater – This theme is all about finding the ugliest holiday sweater you can. The tackier, the better!
25. When-I-grow-up dress-up party – Ask guests to dress up as the occupation or thing that they wanted to be when they were kids.
25. Black and white ball – This party is all about the contrast of black and white. Decorate your venue with black and white decorations and ask guests to dress in black and white.
27. Murder mystery – This party is perfect for people who love solving puzzles. There will be a crime to solve and guests will have to use their detective skills to figure out the whodunit.
28. Dress up as your favorite character from a TV show or film – This party theme is perfect for movie and TV buffs. Have guests come in as their favorite characters and get ready to party!
29. Pink party – This party is all about the color pink! Decorate your venue with pink decorations and ask guests to dress in pink. Or if you want to put a special twist to this theme category, decorate and dress up as your company’s color!
32. Superheroes – Wear your favorite Superhero or Supervillain costume. And don’t worry about having to saving the world, you’re there strictly to party.
31. Disco – This party theme is all about the disco era! Decorate your venue with disco balls and ask guests to dress in their best disco attire.
32. Dress as the thing you most fear – This unique party theme is all about facing your fears. Your guests can be as silly or serious about it. See if someone will show up as your boss or a personification of a deadline.
33. Historical figures – Dress up as your favorite historical figure. This party is perfect for people who love history or are simply interested in learning more about it.
So there you have it. A good party theme is not to be underestimated. And with this list, you can get as much inspiration as you need for your next company event.
Another thing that’s not to be missed on any occasion is balloons! They come in all shapes, sizes, and colors to bring your celebration to life. ??
Plus, you can get them to match your event theme perfectly. So be sure to include balloons as part of your decor.
If you need a balloon artist to make your event spectacular, contact us here.